Praise the Lord! I am feeling so much better. Thank you all for praying. I was sick for so long with GI issues that I was starting to think I'd never get better! I took another round of antibiotics and obeyed the doctor's orders to adhere to the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) which gets SO boring after about one day. Well, I did it for 10! I joked that forcing anyone to only eat that would turn them into a brat, but really, I'm so thankful it helped me get better. God really used my illness to bring me to a greater trust in Him. He's my Great Physician. I think it's easy to take good health for granted, and when it was taken from me, to be honest, I got discouraged and anxious. However, although it was terrible, I know it has a purpose (Romans 8:28). If anything else, I pray that God gives me a more compassionate heart for the patients I come into contact with because of it.
One more thing. I have a tradition of donating my Rainbow sandals to someone in countries I go to, especially since some of the places I've been, having shoes is a luxury. There is a pair out there in Africa and now a pair in Haiti. Well, here are my new ones, and I am still wearing them in (hence the bandaids). As I was looking at them today, I couldn't help but think...I wonder where this pair will end up? Only God knows. All I know is that I can't wait for my next adventure! Love you all.
| Yes, that is Jesus on my bandaid. What can I say? Jesus heals. |
No comments:
Post a Comment